Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Chemistry
Master of Science (MS) in Pharmaceutical Chemistry is a two-year program that comprises, one year of pharmaceutical sciences courses and practical training and second year is the dissertation work specialized in pharmaceutical chemistry.
The total number of credits are 40.
Courses : 28 Credits
Dissertation and research seminar : 12 Credits
At the end of the program, the students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the knowledge of modern pharmaceutical sciences and the ability to acquire, manage and use current information in problem solving.
- Acquire knowledge of the molecular basis of diseases and synthesize/isolate new chemicals entities.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of pharmaceutical care especially through quality control of drugs and pharmaceuticals.
- Evaluate pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamics concepts in drug discovery and development.
- Apply the concept of synthesis, analysis of pharmaceuticals and knowledge of natural products in complementary and traditional medicines.
- Design, synthesize and analyse new drugs/pharmaceuticals and
- Extract, isolate and analyse the chemical constituents from natural products
- Develop, analyse, interpret drug design and structure activity relationship models.
- Organize, record, present, criticise and manage the research in the field of pharmaceutical sciences.
C1 Autonomy & Responsibility
- Take responsibility for managing synthesis, extraction of natural products and quality control of drugs.
C2 Self Development
- Contribute and observe ethical standards in the implementation of professional practices through GLP and ICH guidelines and evaluate the need for new drug development
C3 Role in Context
- Manage complex professional processes and motivate the team members for optimal performance by formulating and present their own view points while respecting others views and opinions