Master of Science in Clinical Pharmacy
Master of Science in the specialization of Clinical Pharmacy comprises of a two-year program with one year of course work and the second year for dissertation work.
The total number of credits is 43.
Courses : 31 Credits
Dissertation and research seminar : 12 Credits
At the end of the program, the students will be able to:
- Demonstrate sufficient knowledge and information regarding pathophysiology, diagnostic parameters and Pharmacotherapeutics of different disease conditions
- Develop appropriate pharmaceutical care plan with reference to community and hospital settings.
- Explain the principles of pharmacoepidemiology and pharmacoeconomics and their importance in drug evaluation process.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of pharmacokinetic concepts and principles which are essential for designing individualized dosage regimens that optimize the therapeutic response of a medication
- Demonstrate understanding of the principle involved in general and specific management of common poisoning agents.
- Describe the role of pharmacist in various committees, inventory control and drug information
- Able to explain the principles and different components of clinical research and highlighting the significance of biostatistics in analyzing the data in clinical research.
- Discuss the various steps involved in designing and conducting research work in the different areas of clinical pharmacy.
- Develop the skills to find, understand, analyze, evaluate, and synthesize information and then make informed, rational, responsible, and ethical decisions
- Integrate ideas, information, and skills necessary to provide drug, poison information and pharmaceutical care.
- Communicate effectively with patients and other health care professionals and provide patient counseling.
- Effectively monitor drug therapy to prevent, detect and correct drug-related problems and enhance therapeutic outcome.
- Provide unbiased drug information, monitor and report Adverse Drug Reactions (ADRs), drug interactions, intervene and educate where ever required for better patient care in healthcare settings
- Design clinical research protocol and carry out clinical research based on regulatory guidelines and analyze the data using appropriate statistical tests and tools.
- Collect new information and data and to appraise critically its validity and applies to professional decisions.
- Develop formulary, guidelines, policies and suitable drug distribution methods catering to the patient’s needs.
- Design and conduct research projects based on the pharmaceutical and health care needs of U.A.E.
- Apply the appropriate knowledge, skills and attitudes to meet the competencies for a general level pharmacist practitioner
C1 Autonomy & Responsibility
- Apply the current knowledge of Pharmacy in the best interest of patients and the community.
- Maintain a high standard of professional ethics in discharging the professional duties and providing pharmaceutical care.
C2 Self Development
- Follow the ethical principles and method of learning and improvement that involves investigation and evaluation of patient care, appraisal and assimilation of scientific evidence and improvements.
- Be a willing learner by attending continuing education programs so as to continuously upgrade professional information and be conversant with latest advances in the Pharmacy field to serve the patient and the community better.
C3 Role in Context
- Manage any drug related problems as part of the health care team, to improve the quality of patient care.
- Practice clinical pharmacy services in accordance with professional registration, licensure and professional standards of UAE both in a healthcare setup.