Program Outcome–Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm.)
Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree Program (B Pharm) is aligned at level 7 of the ten level Qualification Frameworks Emirates. The program comprises of 6 Months of General Education one year of basic sciences and two-and-half years of Pharmaceutical sciences including Practice School thus a total of 04 years.
The total number of credits are 145.
The Goals and Objectives
The curriculum has been developed to provide learning opportunities enabling pharmacy students to acquire fundamental knowledge develop basic skills and appreciate principles relevant to health care in the context of the community.
The four-year curriculum has been designed to achieve the following goals:
To provide a comprehensive pharmaceutical education leading to B Pharm Degree.
- 1. To prepare for evidence based pharmacy practice in the changing health care environment of the 21st Century.
- 2. To integrate basic sciences with pharma sciences to enable the students to apply their knowledge to health care.
- 3. To integrate pharma knowledge with pharma skills to enable the students deliver efficient pharmaceutical care.
- 4. To develop a professional and compassionate approach to the analysis and Management of health care.
- 5. To provide a community based pharmacy education program.
- 6. To prepare pharmacists who can function effectively in the social health care system.
- At the end of the program, the students shall be able to:
- 1. Demonstrate knowledge of the basic pharmaceutical sciences and the ability to acquire, manage and use current information in problem solving
- 2. Recognize the scientific basis of health, disease and treatment in the Management of common and high impact medical conditions in contemporary society, considering the local culture and practice.
- 3. Describe the molecular basis of diseases and modalities and the way in which they affect the body.
- 4. Demonstrate the fundamental knowledge of pharmaceutical care especially patient counselling, DI services and ADR reporting, Chemistry, Physicochemical properties, Pharmacological activities of drugs and pharmaceuticals.
- 5. Describe the synthesis, formulation & analysis of drugs & pharmaceuticals
- 6. Identify the rules & regulations involved in the manufacture, distribution & sale of medicines
- 7. Describe the basic ethical principles and its implications in the care of patients
- At the end of the program, the Students shall be able to:
- 8. Provide effective patient counselling, professional dispensing, unbiased drug information to medical practitioners and report ADR.
- 9. Demonstrate the ability to evaluate the patient’s problems and to formulate accurate hypotheses to serve as the basis for making choice of drugs and treatment decisions by the doctor.
- 10. Demonstrate the ability to formulate and implement a plan of pharma care and manufacture for clients for the prevention and treatment of diseases.
- 11. Educate patients about their health problems and to motivate them to adopt health promoting behaviors.
- 12. Collect new information and data and to appraise critically its validity and applicability to professional decisions.
- 13. Organize, record, research, present, criticize and manage drug information based on the available literature and communication skills.
- 14. Work effectively as part of a health care team, with appreciation for the multiple contributions of other health care professionals.
- 15. Follow the principles and method of practice-based learning and improvement that involves investigation and evaluation of patient care, appraisal and assimilation of scientific evidence and improvements.
- 16. Synthesize, formulate, analyze and test drugs and pharmaceuticals
- At the end of the program, the Students will be able to:
- C1 Autonomy & Responsibility
- 17. Manage complex & unpredictable work procedures
- 18. Work creatively & effectively
- C2 Role in context
- 19. Function in full autonomy in technical & Supervisory context
- 20. Take responsibility for self & group outcomes
- C3 Self Development
- 21. Contribute & observe ethical standards
- 22. Manage learning tasks independently & professionally in complex & unfamiliar contexts.