Goals & Objectives
To offer academic programs of high quality in pharmaceutical sciences which are recognized nationally and internationally.
- a) To design and develop need based programs:
- i) Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm) by 2007-2008 (accomplished)
- ii) Master of Pharmacy (MS) in Clinical Pharmacy by 2011/12(accomplished)
- iii) Master of Pharmacy (MS) in Pharmaceutical Chemistry by 2011/12 (accomplished)
- iv) Master of Pharmacy (MS) in Pharmaceutics by 2013/14 (accomplished)
- v) Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Pharmacy by 2018-19.
- vi) Registered Pharmacist – B.Pharm. (RP-B.Pharm) bridge program for diploma holders by 2018/19.
- b) To recruit and retain academic fraternity committed to creation and application of knowledge;
- c) To develop other contemporary educational curricula to meet local and international standards;
- d) To develop pharmacy practice skills and training in cutting edge technologies to be acclaimed internationally by competent healthcare professionals;
- e) To provide required infrastructure facilities for the academic and other programs.
- f) To develop an evaluation system to monitor the outcome of all courses and, infrastructure facilities.
- g) To recruit students committed to acquiring knowledge, skills and appropriate competence towards patient care.
To promote openness, diversity, fairness and academic freedom.
- a)To organize, record, research, present, critique and manage pharmaceutical science related information.
- b) To work effectively as part of a health care team.
- c) To monitor the access of relevant records to students, faculty and administrative Staff.
- d) To evaluate co-ordinators, supervisors, chairpersons, faculty, students and patients in relation to different goals.
- e) To promote interdisciplinary interaction among students and staff.
- a) To support lifelong learning via both print and electronic sources and to remain current with the advances.
- b) To acquire new information and data and to critically appraise its validity and applicability to one’s professional decision.
- c) To communicate compassionately and effectively, both verbally and in writing with colleagues, patients and their families, with honesty and integrity.
- d) To exhibit a capacity for self evaluation, moral reflection and ethical reasoning to form the basis for a self directed, lifelong learning and involvement in the pharmaceutical sciences profession;
- e) To establish and promote an alumni association to support graduates.
To contribute to the advancement of knowledge and practice of pharmaceutical sciences through research.
- a) To encourage scholarly activities through conferences, seminars and enabling to publish research papers in scientific journals, by providing budgetary support.
- b) To write research projects and receive research grants.
- c) To utilize intellectual property of the University for the betterment of the humanity at large.
- d) To create facilities for doctoral research.
To render ethical healthcare and service to the patients with highest degree of accountability to self and community.
- a) To describe and discuss the implications of basic ethical principles.
- b) To demonstrate the ability to educate and counsel the patients and community and to motivate them to adopt health promoting behaviours.
- c) To facilitate student and faculty access to continuing education programs, speakers bureaus, training and to carry out patient and community surveys.
To promote inter-institutional alliance with premier colleges of pharmaceutical sciences, drug industries and universities.
- a) To foster interaction with industries, to promote research, infrastructure development and student placement.
- b) To establish consortial agreements with other premier health institutions, drug industries and Universities.
- c) To monitor the development of outreach programs, internships, collaboration with other universities/institutions.
- d) To monitor the development of a career planning unit.