Pre-clerkship courses:(I & II Year-Semester I to IV)
Integrated modular curriculum of applied basic sciences has been proven to be more effective than other conventional methods such as Discipline based curriculum and hence it is introduced in the academic year 2013-14.
Students will learn and acquire an integrated knowledge of organ evolution, structure and functions and the regulatory mechanism of the human body in the management of health and disease.
Integrated Teaching is made up of ‘Modules’. A Module is the smallest unit of curriculum. Each module is based upon organ-system/s of the body and/or processes. In each module, the basic and clinical sciences will be taught in an integrated manner.
The curriculum design has been structured in the following manner:
- The first year courses consist of four modules viz. Foundation Module, Hematology & Immunology module, Musculoskeletal & Integumentary module and Cardiovascular System module.
- The second year courses consist of five modules viz Respiratory system module, Endocrinology module, Gastrointestinal System & Nutrition module, Genitourinary System module , Neurology & Behavioral Science Module.
Each of the ‘Module’ has been explicitly designed to contain the following:
- Title/theme of the module
- Learning Outcomes [General]
- Teaching Schedule [Weekly, along with Specific Learning Outcomes]
- Credit Hours
- List of Recommended resource materials