The Goals and Objectives
To ensure that RAKCODS offers academic programs in dental sciences which are recognized locally and regionally for the quality of its educational programs.
- To develop clinical skills using advanced technologies to produce competent health care professionals.
- To monitor the outcome of all courses and infrastructure facilities through IRO survey for appropriate action and improvement.
- To recruit students committed to acquiring knowledge, skills and appropriate attitudes towards patient care.
- To develop post graduate diploma/degree courses to meet local and regional standards.
To ensure that its graduates are equipped with theoretical knowledge and sound clinical skills which make them self-learners and critical thinkers with an ethical orientation.
- To develop strategies to support lifelong learning via both print and electronic sources and to remain current with the advances in health sciences knowledge, skills and practice.
- To demonstrate the ability to acquire new information and data and to critically appraise its validity and applicability to one’s professional decision.
- To display personal attribute of honesty, professionalism and integrity in relationship with staff, patients and colleagues.
To contribute in the advancement of dental sciences knowledge and practice by support of research conducted through its faculty and students.
- To encourage students and faculty to participate in scholarly activities by attending conferences, seminars and enabling them to conduct and publish research
- To facilitate the students and faculty to write for research projects and receive research grants.
- To monitor budgetary support of and access to conferences and seminars.
To render health care services with highest degree of ethical accountability to self and community.
- To implement the basic ethical principles including confidentiality, informed consent, and justice for the care of the patient.
- To educate the patients and community about various health problems and to motivate them to adopt health promoting behaviours.
- To facilitate student and faculty access to continuing education programs.
To accentuate the growth of the University by promoting academic activities with premier health care organizations and universities.
- To establish agreements with premier health institutions and universities to foster academic research collaboration including faculty and student exchange.
- To develop and monitor the feedback from employer and graduates and to ensure the key results are entered into the annual strategic plan for action and review.