- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery – MBBS ( 5 years program + 1 year internship)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery-BDS ( 5 years program + 1 year internship)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy – B.Pharm(4 years program)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing – BSN (4 years program)
- RN-BSN Bridge Program (2 years program for registered nurses holding Diploma in Nursing)
- Master of Science (M.S) in Pharmacy – Speciality: Clinical Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmaceutics (2 years program)
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Speciality: Adult Health Nursing, Psychiatric – Mental Health Nursing, Pediatric Nursing, Community Health Nursing (2 years program)
“NOTE : All programs are accredited by Ministry of Education, UAE. Online Applications can be filled from April 2018 onwards for the academic session commencing Sept 2018.”.
Eligible applicants will be called for an interview and personality test at RAKMHSU campus based on the merit/marks secured in grade 12 examinations.
Admissions are open to students of all nationalities.
Admission of international students will also depend on UAE immigration regulations regarding student visa.
A. MBBS program-12th grade minimum marks requirements for different boards:
To apply minimum average of 80% in the grade 12 science stream/ Advanced stream of UAE GSEC of Ministry of Education with a minimum of 70% in Biology, Chemistry and Physics courses. Preference in admission will be given to those with higher aggregate in Biology, Chemistry and Physics courses. Abu Dhabi Education Council stream students should similarly have 80% average with 70% in Advanced Biology(level 3) and Advanced Chemistry( level 3). Amongst the applicants, the candidates with high merit will be called for interview.
NOTE: Admission requirements/equivalencies for various 12th grade curriculum are described below under serial no: III titled ‘Examples of Secondary School Certificates’ Please Click Here.
The following steps will be followed for admissions to the MBBS program for Sept 2018 session:
- From the online applications received, a call letter for interview will be issued to the highly meritorious amongst the fully qualified candidates to visit the campus at the particular date for interview along with the required original documents. After verification of documents by Admissions Office, Admissions Screening Committee consisting of Dean /Associate Dean & a panel of 2 Chairpersons/Senior Faculty of various departments from the Medical College and 3 University Representatives (Deputy Dean Student Affairs, Asst.Director-Admissions, Registration & Marketing and Dean Examinations) will conduct the interview.
- Grade 12 results are declared for various Boards of study in UAE at different timings in 3 phases-starting end of May, mid of June and first week of July. Therefore, interviews will be conducted in 5 full day sessions for about 20 students as per dates announced in the website and other media.
- Personality test will be administered first by the Student Counselor between 9am-10am followed by interview of around 20 students on the dates mentioned.
- An interview session may be cancelled or postponed to the next date in case the need arises. International Students from Canada, UK, USA /far off countries may be administered an interview through skype / telephonically if not possible to appear in person for interview due to some difficulty.
The prospective student will be assessed on the basis of the following on a scale of 100:Performance at grade 12 examinations. Actual marks out of 100 (Biology, Chemistry & Physics aggregate) will be converted out of 70.Remaining 30 marks will be divided as follows:
- TOEFL above 600 or IELTS 6.5 and above(5 marks):
- Personality test-will test Motivation/Drive/Aptitude to join medical profession/written skills and other personality parameters administered by the Student Counselor (Total 15 marks).
- Interview(10 marks) (Student should secure at least 40% in personality test and also 40% separately in interview to qualify for admission).
The final merit list will be prepared based on the performance of the student. The admission will be done as per the merit list and within the CAA Guidelines for admission.
- Candidates who are selected for admission after the interview will receive the Admission Offer letter by email from the University within 2 days with a timeline for acceptance and confirmation by payment of fees. If the candidate is accepting the offer of admission, he/she must comply with all the requirements specified in the Admission Offer Letter including submission of required documents and payment of fee on or before the stipulated date mentioned in the Admission Offer Letter. If the candidate does not respond within the deadline mentioned, the admission offer automatically expires and the seat is allotted to the next candidate in the waiting list.
- On compliance of the above including payment of requisite fee, the candidate will receive a registered student ID number on email and due intimation from the University regarding further details on the Freshman Orientation Program.
- Applicants should strictly adhere to the deadlines indicated for admission, submit online applications on time and upload important document copies mentioned such as grade sheets/ transcripts, TOEFL scores etc and ensure application is fully completed before they click the submit button.
- Once the seats are full, the remaining candidates who have qualified after interview will be waitlisted.
- Waitlisted applicants and late applicants can be considered for admission if seats are still available for that program, within registration deadlines.
- Admission of students are subject to the compliance of all requirements specified in the Admission Offer Letter.
- All the documents submitted online by the candidates will be verified with the originals submitted by the candidates during admission and duly returned after verification as per CAA guidelines.
In case of non-compliance with any of the admission criteria/ false documentation submitted, the admission of the candidate will automatically stand cancelled.
The original documents to be submitted for verification by the candidate for verification are mentioned in the admissions offer.
- B.Pharm & BSN Programs – 12th grade requirements:
An average of 70% in the grade 12 science stream/ Advanced stream of UAE GSEC of Ministry of Education with a minimum of 60% in Biology, Chemistry and Physics courses. Preference in admission will be given to those with higher aggregates in Biology, Chemistry and Physics courses. Abu Dhabi Education Council stream students should similarly have 70% average with 60% in Advanced Biology(level 3) and Advanced Chemistry( level 3).
RN-BSN Bridge Program – admission requirements: Registered nurses who have completed Diploma in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing with 70% aggregate and 70% in Nursing courses, RN licensure from country of origin with 2 years clinical working experience can apply.
Admissions Procedure for B.Pharm,BSN,RN-BSN Programs:
Prospective students may fill in the online application form and attach all relevant documents and the fully qualified applicants will receive an offer letter with a deadline for payment remittance.
Masters program aspirants may apply online and qualified students will be called for an interview/discussion with the Dean.
English language requirements for MBBS Program:
Proficiency in English equivalent to a TOEFL score of 550 in paper-based test, 79 in internet based test or 213 in computer based test OR Academic IELTS score of 6 OR EmSAT Achieve- English score of 1400 – 1525 OR Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) score of 52 OR Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE A) score range of 50-57 is required for entry to MBBS program.
English language requirements for BDS,B.Pharm,BSN & RN-BSN Programs:
Proficiency in English equivalent to a TOEFL score of 500 in paper-based test, 61 in internet based test or 173 in computer based test OR Academic IELTS score of 5 OR EmSAT Achieve- English score of 1100 – 1225 OR Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) score of 41 OR City & Guilds IESOL Test score of B1/B2 Borderline OR Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE A) score range of 36-41 is required.
English language requirements for Master’s Programs:
Proficiency in English equivalent to a TOEFL score of 550 in paper-based test, 79 in internet based test or 213 in computer based test or OR Academic IELTS score of 6 OR EmSAT Achieve- English score of 1400 – 1525 OR Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) score of 52 OR City & Guilds IESOL Test score of B2 OR Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE A) score range of 50-57 is accepted for entry to graduate programs.
Students with marginally lower pre university results (1-2% less) than stated above may be considered for admission subject to availability of places in case seats are not filled in for any program with the admission criteria prescribed. Selection for admission will be based on the marks/grades secured, proficiency in English and performance at an interview and personality test.
- Students with 12th grade marksheet/grades more than 2 years old will not be given priority for admission.
- The University reserves the right to refuse admission to any candidate without assigning any reason.
- The decision of the Admission Screening Committee in the matters of admission shall be final.
- The jurisdiction in respect of all legal matters in this connection shall be at Ras Al Khaimah.
Important Admission Dates:
|a) Online application for MBBS, BDS, B.Pharm & BSN for the September academic session 2018-19 in progress. Please APPLY ONLINE at www.rakmhsu.com
b) Only few seats available for MBBS. Online application deadline for MBBS is extended for late applicants/British Curriculum etc. until 26th August 2018. After screening applications based on merit, eligible applicants will be called for an interview and personality test at RAKMHSU campus.
|c) Online application for the RN-BSN, MSN & M.S Pharmacy programs will received from 1st Mar 2018 for the academic session 2018-19 until 28th August 2018 or until seats are filled in whichever is earlier.
d) For BDS, B.Pharm & BSN programs applications will be received until 28th Aug 2018. Late applications will be considered subject to availability of seats.
|e) Freshmen Orientation, Registration and Commencement of Classes for MBBS & BDS programs.||5th Sept 2018|
|f) Freshmen Orientation, Registration and Commencement of Classes for B.Pharm, BSN, RN-BSN, MSN & M.S. Pharmacy programs.||16th Sept 2018|
|g) Freshmen Orientation, Registration and Commencement of Classes for RN-BSN Program.||18th Sept 2018|