About CME / CPD
RAKMHSU is committed to support health care professionals in medical knowledge, patient care, communication skills, professionalism, and systems-based practice through its high-quality continuing professional development (CPD) programs.
The main task of the RAKMHSU CME Committee is to provide leadership, coordination and direction to the individual CPD/CME Chairman for RAKMHSU CME activities, thus fulfilling RAKMHSUs commitment.
Roles of the RAKMHSU CME Committee Members:
- a. Guiding CME organizers when applying for accreditations to MOHAP, DHA, etc.
- b. Reviewing the content of each program as presented by the CME/CPD Chief and providing feedback, wherever needed.
- c. Identifying resources and advocates in support of CPD activities
- d. Recommending new initiatives and directions for CME activities
- e. Suggesting strategies for creating a strong RAKMHSU CME presence in the medical fraternity
- f. Ensuring that guidelines, documentation, evaluation, and requirements are followed by all CPD programs, program Chairs and Coordinators.
- g. Keeping updated with MOHAP/DHA accreditation guidelines so as to assist organizers in an optimal manner
RAKMHSU CME Committee Membership:
The CME Committee membership is by nomination and subject to approval by President, RAKMHSU. Membership consists of:
- Chairperson and Vice Chairperson
- Special Invitees – President & CAO of RAKMHSU
- One faculty (minimum) from each College as members
- Adjunct faculty from various MOHAP Hospitals affiliated with RAKMHSU as members
- Academic Clinicians working in the private sector as members